Student Unions & Activities Grants¶
Student Unions & Activities (SUA) Grants are available to assist with a variety of expenses related to student group events and digital engagement. Contact the Student Activities Grants Assistant at email@example.com (opens in a new tab) with any questions.
We have one comprehensive grant application which will automatically consider you for all grant initiatives for which you qualify. This includes the Student Activities Grants (Administrative and SSF Event) and Coca-Cola Grants (Activity, Development, Sustainability, and Academic). Review the Grant Eligibility Table (opens in a new tab) for a breakdown of the different initiatives.
Student groups and departments should apply for funding as early as possible to ensure that there is funding available for their event. For specific deadlines, please see the grant application deadlines table (opens in a new tab).
Information About Student Activities Grants¶
Includes: Administrative and Student Services Fees (SSF) Event Grants
Funding Focus: The Student Activities Grants are intended to provide supplemental financial support to student groups seeking to host or participate in activities, programs, and special events that enhance the co-curricular experience for students at the University of Minnesota. Applicants must show how the project will promote student development, enhance diversity, and/or benefit the campus community.
Information About Coca-Cola Grants¶
Includes: Activity Initiative, Development Initiative, Sustainability Initiative, and Academic Initiative
Funding Focus: The Coca-Cola Grants are intended to provide supplemental financial support to student groups, university departments, and individuals seeking to host or participate in activities, programs, and special events that enhance the co-curricular experience for students at the University of Minnesota. Applications must show how the project will promote student development, enhance diversity, and/or benefit the campus community. Applicants may request their award in the form of funding and/or Coca-Cola® products.
Information About Grant Process Overview¶
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed by the SUA Grant committee every month. However, please apply 6-8 weeks before your event takes place to account for fund-transfer and any other errors in the application that may need to be resolved. Start Your Online Application (opens in a new tab).
- Continue planning your event while waiting for your funding to either be approved or denied. . Please see the Sample Event Planning Worksheet (opens in a new tab).
- Grant application is reviewed by the SUA Grant Committee.
- If awarded, follow the instructions outlined in your grant award notification email.
- Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) will be notified when their check is ready for pickup or has been mailed to them 3-6 weeks after their application is approved. Campus Life Programs (CLPs), University Departments, and individuals will receive their grant award through EFS transfer within 2-4 weeks of submitting their Statement of Agreement.
- Host your event.
- Following the completion of your event, submit the Post Event Form and upload all event receipts. Once this form is submitted, an advisor will review the form and will only require a meeting if they have questions related to the event and financial documents.