Fall Resource Requests are Now Open!¶
Resources for Your Student Group¶
The center focuses on providing commonly requested items directly to student groups for events and daily operations such as meetings. The Resource Center will be located on the second floor of Coffman Memorial Union, with additional items available for pick up in the St Paul Student Center. Every currently registered student group is eligible to request items from the resource center
The space will include items and resources that can support student group events and meetings and that groups can check out for free. Items include, but are not limited to:
- Flatbed carts
- Sound equipment
- Tables and chairs
- Food Coolers
- And more!
The resource center will also provide student groups access to materials and tools they can use in the space, such as:
- Office Supplies (markers, glue, paper cutter, etc.)
- Adobe software
Additionally, student groups can use a Student Service Fee sponsored credit to purchase some items from the center, these include but are not limited to:
- Cards for on campus printing
- Plates, cup, napkins, and utensils
- Foam Core
- Tri-fold display boards
While the center is still waiting on some items to arrive you can see a complete list of both items on hand and those we are waiting on below:
Contact us for more information at email@example.com.
Have a suggestion for a new item? Submit this google form: z.umn.edu/SGRCsuggestion.
Hours of Operation¶
Located in room 203 on the 2nd floor of the Coffman Memorial Union.
Fall Semester 2023*:
September 5 - December 21
Monday - Friday: 10:30am-8:00pm
Thanksgiving Break 2023*:
November 22 - November 26
Wednesday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday - Sunday: Closed
*Hours are subject to change depending on student staff availability.
- Resources will be made available to currently registered student groups upon request by a student group officer (as listed in GopherLink).
- All resources must be used in accordance with University policies and guidelines.
- Groups may be charged a fee for items that are returned late and/or damaged.
- Users must adhere to safety procedures and protocols.
- Student groups should request only what they need. If particular items are in high demand, Student Unions and Activities will attempt to procure higher quantities of the item.
How To Reserve Resources¶
Once you have reviewed the above guidelines you are ready to request your resources.
Items for credit, printing cards, and items for check out are all reserved via the booking form, which will be added here on August 21, 2023.
Follow the prompts in the form to book. Confirmation of booking will be dependent on item availability and the center staff will email you to confirm or update your request.
Not sure how to book or use the center? Book a 15 minute consultation about the process here: https://z.umn.edu/SGRCConsult
Resource Center Guidelines¶
- Student Groups have access to the Student Group Resource Space during the hours it is open.
- Resources may be requested and reserved through the online booking system z.umn.edu/SGRCBooking at least two business days prior to use.
- Resources that have not been reserved ahead of time may be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Items that are lost, damaged, or broken by the student group may incur a repair/replacement fee to the student group.
- All items must be used in accordance with these guidelines, and with all University policies and guidelines. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- The resources a group is able to access are for that group’s use alone. For instance, reserving a table, computer, or event supplies allows a group to use these resources only for that group’s purpose. A group cannot reserve items for use by other student groups, University departments, outside groups, or individual use to provide access or reduced costs in using University resources, services, or staff. Providing this inappropriate access to student group resources may result in disciplinary action against the group.
- All resource requests are considered in the order in which they are received.
- Online requests for available resources may be made up to two months and no fewer than two business days in advance. Confirmed requests are recommended to guarantee the resource is available for use.
- Offline (in-person or email) requests may be made within two business days.
RESOURCES IN THE CENTER
- Items meant for use within the resource center must remain within the resource center.
- Resources must be returned to the front desk worker when the group is finished.
- Students are responsible for logging out of computers/technology they use.
RESOURCES FOR CHECK OUT
- Items that are checked out and returned in good, working order are free for the group to use.
- Groups may check out items for up to 24 hours at a time.
- If groups would like to use an item for more than 24 hours consecutively, they may request to check out items for up to 72 consecutive hours.
- If groups would like to use a table for more than 24 hours consecutively, they may request to check out tables for up to 120 consecutive hours (5 days).
- After a request for an item has been approved, the group is responsible for scheduling times to pick up and drop off the item. Groups that do not schedule their pick-up may lose their reservation.
- Items that are returned outside of the requested time period may incur a late fee of $25 each day it’s late.
RESOURCES FOR CREDIT
- Each currently registered student group will receive an allocation of $200 of Resource Center Credit for the fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- The credit can only be used for resources procured through the Resource Center.
- Groups may not request the credit as funds in the form of a check or EFS transfer.
- Funds that are unused at the end of the year will not be carried forward to the next fiscal year.
- Only officers who are currently listed in GopherLink (gopherlink.umn.edu) can request items for credit.
- Student group officers are responsible for knowing how much credit is remaining before they request more items.
- Groups will receive regular updates regarding their current credit status.
- Groups may be invoiced for additional expenses if their requests go beyond their credit limit.
- Printing card. Groups may request one printing card for their group.
- Funds for printing with the printing card are deducted from the group’s Resource Center Credit.
- Printing cards will be limited to $10 per month and may be used at Printing Services or OIT printers or computer labs.
- Extensions of the monthly limit may be requested. Requests need to be emailed to SGRC@umn.edu by a listed officers at least one (1) week in advance of intended use and must be within the remaining limit of the Resource Center Credit.