Resources for Your Student Group¶
The center focuses on providing commonly requested items directly to student groups for events and daily operations such as meetings. The Resource Center will be located on the second floor of Coffman Memorial Union, with additional items available for pick up in the St Paul Student Center. Every currently registered student group is eligible to request items from the resource center
The space will include items and resources that can support student group events and meetings and that groups can check out for free. Items include, but are not limited to:
- Flatbed carts
- Sound equipment
- Tables and chairs
- Food Coolers
- And more!
The resource center will also provide student groups access to materials and tools they can use in the space, such as:
- Office Supplies (markers, glue, paper cutter, etc.)
- Adobe software
More supplies and opportunities will be made available in Fall 2024!
Contact us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a suggestion for a new item? Submit this google form: z.umn.edu/SGRCsuggestion.
Hours of Operation¶
January 24, 2023 - May 10, 2023
Monday - Friday 10:30am - 8pm
- Resources will be made available to currently registered student groups upon request by a student group officer (as listed in GopherLink).
- All resources must be used in accordance with University policies and guidelines.
- Groups may be charged a fee for items that are returned late and/or damaged.
- Users must adhere to safety procedures and protocols.
- Student groups should request only what they need. If particular items are in high demand, Student Unions and Activities will attempt to procure higher quantities of the item.
Requesting a Mazevo Account¶
How do I make a user account?
University Departments and Student Groups: To complete a reservation inquiry, you must have a user account. To create an account click the link below:
Once an account is set up by the Event Services staff, you will receive an email from @Mazévo.com that will contain a link for the user to confirm their email and create their password. Please note that this link will expire after one day.
Resource Center Guidelines¶
- Student Groups have access to the Student Group Resource Space during the hours it is open.
- Resources may be requested and reserved through the online booking system at least two days prior to use.
- Resources that have not been reserved ahead of time may be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Items that are lost, damaged, or broken by the student group may incur a repair/replacement fee to the student group.
- All items must be used in accordance with these guidelines, and with all University policies and guidelines. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- The resources a group is able to access are for that group’s use alone. For instance, reserving a table, computer, or event supplies allows a group to use these resources only for that group’s purpose. A group cannot reserve items for use by other student groups, University departments, outside groups, or individual use to provide access or reduced costs in using University resources, services, or staff. Providing this inappropriate access to student group resources may result in disciplinary action against the group.
- All resource requests are considered in the order in which they are received.
- Online requests for available resources may be made up to two months and no fewer than two business days in advance. Confirmed requests are recommended to guarantee the resource is available for use.
- Offline (in-person or phone) requests may be made within two business days.
RESOURCES IN THE CENTER
- Items meant for use within the resource center must remain within the resource center.
- Resources must be returned to the front desk worker when the group is finished.
- Students are responsible for logging out of computers/technology they use.
RESOURCES FOR CHECK OUT
- Items that are checked out and returned in good, working order are free for the group to use.
- Groups may check out items for up to 24 hours at a time.
- If groups would like to use an item for more than 24 hours consecutively, they may request to check out items for up to 72 consecutive hours.
- If groups would like to use a table for more than 24 hours consecutively, they may request to check out tables for up to 120 consecutive hours (5 days).
- After a request for an item has been approved, the group is responsible for scheduling times to pick up and drop off the item. Groups who do not schedule their pick-up may lose their reservation.
- Items that are returned outside of the requested time period may incur a late fee of $25 each day it is late.