Student Opening: Video Production Assistant
- Number of Openings
The Video Production Assistant's primary responsibility is to shoot video and edit it for use for areas ranging from Student Unions & Activities (SUA) Retail services to campus-wide events to general SUA branding initiatives. The content may be posted to social media, digital signage, marketing materials, and/or other promotional initiatives. The Video Production Assistant is part of Marketing team.
- Understanding of introductory video editing and communication principles
- Strong written, oral and visual communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on deadline
- Ability to collaborate with others and appreciate a wide variety of ideas on projects
- Experience using Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro; Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Experience and comfortable using Apple computers
- Proficiency in social media video channels (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
- Majoring in Journalism, Studies in Cinema & Media Culture or Communication Studies
Notes for This Posting
Most hours will be worked during the business hours of Student Unions and Activities Marketing Department, which are Monday through Friday from 8am to 4:30pm, but occasional evening and weekend hours will be scheduled to take video footage of events. Staff will be working three to four days a week, depending on schedule.
NOTE: Potential applicants must attach all required documents in order to be considered for this position. If you have a website or online portfolio, please include a link in your application.
Position is looking to fill by May 15. Applicants interested and with expected eligibility and availability to continue through Spring 2018 are preferred.
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 12-16 hours per week.