Permits and Policies


Food Permit - Food must be approved by the University Environmental Hygiene Officer (EHO) or designated person.

Student Unions & Activities offers flexible catering policies, leaving the choices up to you! We can work with any licensed caterer of your choice giving you endless cuisine options for you and your guests.

Food permits are required for any group that is bringing food into the building for meetings or events. All food permits for catered events and potlucks must be submitted to the Event Services office 14 calendar days in advance (Building Code Department approval is required).

Film Application - Anyone wishing to show a film in any SUA venue, must first obtain a public performance license agreement.

Alcohol Permits - Complete the Alcohol Use Application - University Organization


You are responsible for complying with the Event Services Policies which governs all activity in our facilities. All facilities operate under the SUA House Policies.


Coffman Memorial Union / Saint Paul Student Center

A notice of cancellation must be in writing and addressed to the Event Services Office. An event will be deemed canceled on the date of receipt of such notice. Licensee agrees that in the event of such cancellation, the actual damages incurred would be difficult to determine. Therefore, Licensee agrees to pay a percentage of the total fee stated below based on the date on which Event Services receives notice according to the following schedule:

Notice of Cancellation Received Cancellation Fee
Between 91 and 180 calendar days before the Event 25% of Fee
Between 31 and 90 calendar days before the Event 50% of Fee
Between 6 and 30 calendar days before the Event 75% of Fee
Between 0 and 5 calendar days before the Event 100% of Fee

If Event Services receives a notice of cancellation within five (5) calendar days of the event, or if Licensee fails to notify Event Services of its intent to cancel, Licensee shall pay one hundred percent (100%) of the total fee and all charges for contracted audio and visual equipment and technical support.