Event Services FAQ

General FAQΒΆ

Is parking available for my event?

Directions to Coffman Memorial Union

Directions to St. Paul Student Center


Coffman Disability and Short-term Parking

The 1,900 space East River Road Garage provides both disability and short-term parking for Coffman and the East Bank campus. With an attached entrance to the south side of the building, the East River Road Garage is easily accessible from Delaware Street. For rates and maps please visit Parking and Transportation Services.


Disability Parking

Available on Buford Avenue, directly across from the St. Paul Student Center on the south side of the street.

Metered Parking

Available on Buford Avenue, directly across from the St. Paul Student Center on the south side of the street, Eckles Avenue on the east side of the street and Carter Avenue on the south side of the street.

Hourly Parking

Available in the Gortner Parking Ramp by following Buford Avenue to the second stop sign, and taking a right onto Gortner Avenue. The ramp will be on right.

Daily Rate Parking

Available in lot #S101 on the corner of Cleveland and Commonwealth Avenues. The #S101 lot closes daily at midnight and reopens at 6 a.m. the following morning. The lot is closed on weekends from Friday at midnight until Monday at 6 a.m. Additional daily parking is available in the #S106 lot by taking Buford Circle off of Buford Avenue.

Can I host my wedding here?

At this time, wedding ceremonies and receptions are not permitted in SUA Facilities.

Can I place a tentative hold on a space?

A two week tentative hold on a venue may be placed no less than 60 calendar days prior to the event. No group can have more than 2 active holds at any given time.

Technology Services

Audio/Visual Packages

Most Student Unions & Activities event spaces come with projector, device audio connection, and lectern with a wired microphone included in the room rate. We maintain a large stock of adaptors for Apple devices including iPads and multiple versions of MacBooks. Student Unions & Activities does not supply computers or tablets for events.

Additional wired, and wireless microphones, uplighting and other a la carte equipment is available upon request.

All A/V requests should be made a minimum of 14 days before your event. Extra fees may apply for additional A/V equipment, last minute requests or tech time.

For any questions about A/V equipment, specifications, or pricing, please contact us.

Please note MN State Sales Tax will be charged on all A/V Equipment for student groups and guest reservations at the current rate of 9.025% in Coffman Memorial Union and 8.375% in the Saint Paul Student Center.

Wireless Internet

Coffman Memorial Union and the St. Paul Student Center have WiFi available in all event spaces. University employees and students should log in to the eduroam network with their full University of Minnesota email address and password. Guests on campus may use the UofM-Guest network at no charge.

For more information please see: https://it.umn.edu/service-details/wifi

Can furniture or A/V equipment be reserved for use outside of the Unions?

Unfortunately, in order to maintain the quality of the furniture and A/V equipment, all SUA property must remain inside the unions.

Contact the Event Services Office at suares@umn.edu with any questions relating to Coffman Memorial Union or spscres@umn.edu with any questions relating to the St. Paul Student Center.