Student Opening: Customer Service Associate with CMU Information Desk
- Number of Openings
Customer Service Associates (CSAs) are the front line service providers to guests. CSAs provide good customer service by displaying a welcoming attitude and becoming knowledgeable regarding products and services offered at the Information Desks
CMU Information Desk CSAs answer general questions regarding events & activities occurring in Coffman and on the Twin Cities campus via the phone and in person; sell tickets, distribute U-Pass, and issue U Cards
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- Able to work morning or evenings shifts
- Available to work a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Previous cash handling experience
- Previous customer service experience
- At least one semester of student experience at the U of MN - Twin Cities Campus
Notes for This Posting
Please visit the SUA Information Desks web page to view the business hours. The minimum shift length is two hours. Successful applicants will be able to work at least three shifts/days per week during the academic year.
Successful applicants will be able to work on weekends on a rotating basis.
To be selected for this position, applicants must be available at least 3 of the following shifts:
Tuesday 1-3pm and/or 3-5pm and/or 7:30-10:30pm
Wednesday 11am-1pm and/or 1-3pm
Thursday 10am-12pm and/or 12:30-3pm and/or 3-5:30pm
Friday 3-5pm and/or 6:30-11:30pm
Weekend rotation is required. Weekend operating hours are
Fridays 6:30 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturdays 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM; 1:30 PM - 6:30PM; 6:30PM - 11:30 PM
Sundays 12:30 PM - 5:30PM; 5:30 PM - 10 PM.
Staff is required to work at least one weekend shift every other week, but preference will be given to candidates who are willing to work every weekend. Shifts are currently available Friday and Saturday 6:30-11:30pm.
Be sure to include your weekend availability on your application!
- You must be able to work for the Spring Semester or Full Year.
- You must be able to work 8-10 hours per week.
- You must be able to work 3 shifts per week.
Your application will be preferred if you are able to work the following shifts:
- Tuesday 1:00pm — Tuesday 3:00pm
- Tuesday 7:30pm — Tuesday 10:30pm
- Tuesday 3:00pm — Tuesday 5:00pm
- Wednesday 11:00am — Wednesday 1:00pm
- Wednesday 1:00pm — Wednesday 3:00pm
- Thursday 3:00pm — Thursday 5:30pm
- Thursday 12:30pm — Thursday 3:00pm
- Thursday 10:00am — Thursday 12:00pm
- Friday 3:00pm — Friday 5:00pm
- Friday 6:30pm — Friday 11:30pm
- Saturday 6:30pm — Saturday 11:30pm