By becoming an officer of a student group, students agree to the following statements:
- I agree to abide by any and all University of Minnesota policies, as well as federal, state and local regulations. Student group policies are available on the Student Unions and Activities website.
- I understand that this student group must be operated by currently registered students and must operate as non-profit.
- I understand that officers of this group must be enrolled at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities for at least six credits.
- I understand that no more than 1/3 of the group's voting membership will be comprised of non-University of Minnesota students.
- I accept and will uphold the principles of nondiscrimination, as stated in the University's Equal Opportunity Statement whereby the University of Minnesota is committed to the policy that all persons shall have equal access to its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- I understand that officers of the group shall be personally responsible and accountable for the operations of the group.
- The University strongly encourages students to immediately report incidents of sexual misconduct that they experience, witness or learn about to the University's Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA). Student employees who learn about sexual misconduct in the course of their University employment have a heightened responsibility and must report any sexual misconduct to EOAA.
- When EOAA receives a report of sexual misconduct, it reaches out to the impacted person to provide resources for personal support and inform the student about the University's procedures for investigating and addressing sexual misconduct. You can learn more about EOAA's investigative role and processes at: https://diversity.umn.edu/eoaa/process.