Become a Member
The Board of Governors is a student leadership opportunity to serve as the voice for students in the policies and operations of student union facilities.
The Board is a volunteer leadership position and applications are available now for the remainder of Spring Semester and for the 2017-2018 academic year. Apply by August 1, 2017 at 4:30pm to be considered.
There is an application and interview process and students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an enrolled student at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities campus for at least 6 credits per semester.
- Attend meetings at 4 p.m. each Thursday during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Board members each serve on one of the following committees, based on the student’s involvement and interests. However, previous experience in the field is not necessary.
- Communications – Assist with planning the Board retreat and recruitment process for Board members
- Policies – Review House Policies and handle student group space allocation process
- Finance - Responsible for assisting with, and presentation of, Student Services Fees request