Coffman Memorial Union Building Hours
- Fall Hours: Sep. 06, 2016 - Dec. 14, 2016
- 12:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM
- 7:00 AM - 1:00 AM
- 7:00 AM - 2:00 AM
- 8:00 AM - 2:00 AM
- Thanksgiving Break
- Nov. 23, 2016
- 7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Nov. 24, 2016
- Closed (University Holiday)
- Nov. 25, 2016
- 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Nov. 26, 2016
- 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Nov. 27, 2016
Coffman Memorial Union Directions
Coffman Memorial Union
300 Washington Ave. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- From the South
- Take 35W and merge onto I-94 East and follow the I-94 directions below.
- From the North
- From 35W, take the University Avenue/4th Street exit. Turn left at University Avenue and head toward the East Bank. Turn right onto Oak Street, then right onto Fulton Street SE. Fulton Street becomes East River Road. East River Road parking garage entrance will be on your right.
- From the East and West
- Take the Huron Boulevard exit from I-94 (north exit only). Take first left onto Fulton Street SE. Fulton Street becomes East River Road. East River Road parking garage entrance will be on your right.
The University of Minnesota offers free campus shuttles between the West Bank, East Bank, and St. Paul campuses. Check the Parking and Transportation Services website for shuttle schedules.
- From St. Paul Campus
- Shuttles depart in front of the St. Paul Student Center on Buford Avenue. Trip time to Coffman Union is approximately 15 minutes.
- From West Bank Campus
- From the West Bank, shuttles stop at the lower level of Blegen Hall on Washington Avenue. When you arrive at the Coffman Union stop, walk south to arrive at Coffman Union. Trip time to Coffman Union is approximately 5 minutes.
- Departing Coffman Union
- Shuttles depart in front of the building on Washington Ave.
- Coffman Disability and Short-term Parking
- The 1,900 space East River Road Garage provides both disability and short-term parking for Coffman and the East Bank campus. With an attached entrance to the south side of the building, the East River Road Garage is easily accessible from Delaware Street. For rates and maps please visit Parking and Transportation Services.
Coffman Memorial Union has two loading docks, one next to each entrance on the east and west sides of the building. For loading dock utilization, please contact the Event Services office at 612-624-9954. Parking at the loading docks is prohibited and Parking & Transportation Services will ticket if necessary.
Coffman Memorial Union Building Directory
- Computer Lab
- Goldy’s Gameroom
- Security Monitors Program (612-624-WALK)
- Whole Music Club
- Ground Floor
- Coffman Facilities Management
- Gopher Express
- Great Hall
- Hennepin County Government Services
- Erbert & Gerbert's
- Minnesota Marketplace
- Printing Services Copy Center
- Riverbend Plaza
- Starbucks Coffee
- TCF Bank
- U Card Office
- University Bookstore
- Postal Station
- First Floor
- Coffman Information Desk
- Commuter Lounge & Campus Link
- Quiet Study
- West Fireplace Lounge
- East Fireplace Lounge
- Fountain Terrace
- Jamba Juice/Refreshments
- Front Plaza
- Technology Help
- Student Activities Office
- Student Programming, Board of Governors
- Coffman Theater and Art Gallery
- Second Floor
- Al-Madinah Cultural Center
- American Indian Student Cultural Center
- Asian-American Student Union
- Black Student Union
- Commuter Connection
- Disabled Student Cultural Center
- La Raza Student Cultural Center
- Minnesota International Student Association
- Minnesota Student Association (MSA)
- Professional Student Government
- Council of Graduate Students
- Queer Student Cultural Center
- Feminist Student Activist Collective
- Third Floor
- Board Room
- Event Services Office
- Conference Rooms (301, 302, 303 A/B/C, 304, 305)
- Conference Room
- Conference Rooms
- Mississippi Lounge
- Mississippi Room
- Orientation and First-Year Programs
- President's Reception Room
- President's Room
Coffman Memorial Union Services
Coffman Memorial Union Food & Drink
Coffman Memorial Union Study Locations
If you need a computer to study, the computer lab will be perfect. They have Macs and Windows PCs, along with tables and couches.
Outside Goldy’s and Near the Escalator
This study location has chairs and couches that can be used for studying. Vending machines are nearby.
The Ground Floor Main Study Area
This space has a several chairs, tables, and couches and surrounds the Minnesota Marketplace if you need food while you study.
The UDS Cafeteria
This area is located at the back of the Minnesota Marketplace and has plenty of tables and chairs.
Located at the west end of the ground floor, this space has tables and couches for studying and is located next to Starbucks, the Post Office, and the Gopher Express convenience store.
Located on the east end of the building near Jamba Juice, this space has computer kiosks, bus schedules, a plasma TV, and vending area with a microwave. It also has a secluded room for quite study spaces.
The East and West Fireplace Lounges
These lounges have comfortable leather couches and chairs. In the winter, this is a great place to nap and lounge near the warmth of a fire. Vending machines are nearby.
The Fountain Terrace
Located at the south end of Coffman, this is a great outdoor study space during the warmer months. Sit on the edge of the Pietro Tacca fountain or on one of the terrace’s many tables or benches.
The Mississippi Lounge
With views of the Mississippi River and Fountain Terrace, this lounge is a wonderful place to study. When not reserved for a private event, this location is open to all students. Vending machines are nearby.
The main hallway on the third floor has many comfortable leather chairs that are perfect for reading. Vending machines are nearby.