Student Opening: SUA Photographer
- Number of Openings
- Coffman Memorial Union
The Student Unions & Activities (SUA) Photographer's primary responsibility is to shoot and edit photographs for events that are planned by SUA and select events that occur in Student Union facilities. Images will be added to the SUA archive and may be used for exhibits and promotional initiatives. The Photographer will work with a team within Student Unions and Activities to ensure that a variety of events are documented over the course of the school year.
- Understanding of introductory photography principles and editing
- Strong written, oral and visual communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on deadline
- Ability to collaborate with ideas on projects
- Majoring in Art, Photography, or related field
- Experienced and comfortable using Adobe Bridge
- Experienced and comfortable using Google Drive, Docs, Slides
Notes for This Posting
Office hours are available between 8am-5pm on weekdays. The successful applicant will be available to work 15 to 20 hours per week, including the occasional shifts on Friday and Saturday evenings (one to three hours between 5pm and11pm) in order to photograph events.
The successful applicant will be available and eligible to hold a student position through Fall, 2019. Most work will be completed during normal office hours (Mon-Friday, 8am-5pm), but the employee must be available to photograph some evening and weekend events.
The content handled in this position may be posted to social media, digital signage, marketing materials, advertisements, and/or other promotional initiatives. The Photographer must become proficient in using relevant computer programs, e.g. Adobe Bridge, Google Suite, MS Office.
The manager hopes to conclude hiring by 12/12/2018
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 15-20 hours per week.
- You must be able to work 3 shifts per week.