Student Opening: Student Manager with Gopher Express
- Number of Openings
- Coffman Memorial Union
The primary role of the Gopher Express Student Managers is to serve as the first point of contact for Customer Service Associates, (CSAs), providing leadership and supervision. Student Managers are responsible for managing the condition of the facilities, providing customer service, assisting in inventory management, assisting in the supervision of a staff, and other mid-level administrative tasks. Gopher Express Student Managers must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during the Academic School Year, additional hours available during summer and break periods.
- Prior work or volunteer experience in sales and customer service
- Ability to accurately handle money and transactions
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous leadership experience in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of SUA programs and facilities, through employment or volunteer experience
- Ability to problem solve and deal with difficult situations
Notes for This Posting
Applicants must be available to work Full Year (Fall 2017 and Spring 2018, winter break optional)
Work hours are primarily between 7am and 5pm M-F; must be willing to work occasional evening or weekend shifts. The Gopher Express Fall hours of operation are as follows:
- Monday - Thursday 7:00am-9:30pm
- Friday 7:00am-7:30pm
- Saturday 8:30am-5:30pm
- Sunday 12:00pm-5:30pm
Please complete the application using your Fall Semester work availability.
The hiring manager wishes to complete hiring by the end of November
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 15-20 hours per week.
- You must be able to work 3 shifts per week.