Student Opening: HRD Intern
- Number of Openings
- Coffman Memorial Union
The HRD intern provides leadership and consultation on the Student Unions & Activities (SUA) central training function. This position is responsible for working with the HR supervisor to provide resources and opportunities for the development of student employees in all areas of the unions which include: Retail, Finance, Marketing, Administration, Facilities and Student Activities.
- At least two semesters coursework at university/college level
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform in sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to take initiative on tasks with minimal direction
- Experience with or strong knowledge of Student Unions & Activities at the University of Minnesota
- Majoring in Human Resources Development or related field
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, problem solving, and decision making ability
- Available to work an average of 10-15 hours per week, primarily during standard business hours
Notes for This Posting
This position is open for the Fall 2018 semester. The HRD Intern will work 10-15 hours per week.
Schedule is flexible, most work will be completed between 8:00am and 4:30pm, Monday-Friday. Occasional evening and/or weekend hours will be required to conduct new employee orientation.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The application will remain open until the position is filled.
- You must be able to work for the Fall Semester.
- You must be able to work 10-15 hours per week.