Student Opening: Marketing Assistant
- Number of Openings
- Coffman Memorial Union
Marketing Assistants work with staff Marketing Managers to develop content for various mediums (ads, posters, brochures, newsletters, web pages, social media, press releases, etc). They gather and analyze research, including competitive, market, and customer research; they attend designated events to administer surveys and handout promotional materials.
- Basic understanding of introductory marketing and communications principles (this could be obtained through coursework or class projects).
- Must demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding and experience with social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.)
- Experience working in marketing
- Editorial, persuasive and copy writing experience
- Media relations experience
- Marketing, Advertising, or related major
Notes for This Posting
SUA Marketing has two (entry level) Marketing Assistant positions opening up. Undergrads with sophomore or junior standing are preferred, with coursework experience in marketing, advertising, or communications field. Applicants should be interested and available to work for 1 to 2 years, (including summer of 2018).
Hours of operation for the Marketing Department are 8am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday. You must be able to work 12-16 hours per week during office hours and some additional evening and weekend hours to attend SUA events.
The posting will be taken down when a sufficient pool of qualified applicants have arrived. The hiring managers expect to complete hiring by May 1st.
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 12-16 hours per week.