Student Opening: Utility Worker
- Number of Openings
- Coffman Memorial Union
Student Utility Workers assist Maintenance staff with preventative maintenance and repairs in the facilities. Some of the duties performed are assemble/repair office furniture, change filters in ventilation units, mount pictures/bulletin boards and change light bulbs throughout the building.
Student Utility Workers work as part of the SUA Staff Maintenance team.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for minor repairs, adjustments, and using hand tools.
- Must work from oral and written instructions given by supervisors
- Previous experience with operation, mechanical maintenance and repair of equipment
Notes for This Posting
The Student Utility Worker will work 12-20 hours per week. Hours of work scheduled between 6:30am and 2:30pm, Monday - Friday (3-6 hour shifts during these times, 2-4 shifts per week). Successful applicants will be available to work for at least the fall and spring semesters.
Hours are flexible within the range stated. During the academic year, we will work with your class schedule. Early morning shifts are encouraged if possible.
This position will be based at Coffman Memorial Union but the position requires working at the West Bank Skyway and the St Paul Student Center, as occasionally scheduled.
Some mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow instructions and work independently at times are important to success this position.
On the job training for specific job duties will be provided as needed.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for references. The hiring manager hopes to complete hiring as soon as possible.
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 12-20 hours per week.
- You must be able to work 2 shifts per week.