Donald R. Zander Alumni Award
Donald R. Zander served as Associate Vice President in the Office of Student Affairs. He believed in the importance of standing up for what one believes and working collaboratively to accomplish collective goals. Awarded annually as a $2,000 scholarship from the University of Minnesota Alumni Association (UMAA), the Zander Alumni Award is awarded to four undergraduate students, honoring their exceptional academic achievement, personal character, and outstanding leadership and service to the University of Minnesota. Candidates for the Zander Alumni Award must demonstrate compassion for others and a high degree of personal integrity.
- Undergraduate student
- 2018 President’s Student Leadership and Service Award recipient
- 3.25 GPA
- Must be registered in Spring 2018 to receive scholarship award
- Candidates for this award will only be considered upon applying for and receiving the President’s Student Leadership and Service Award (PSLSA).
- The PSLSA selection committee will forward a pool of eligible undergraduate students to the Zander Alumni Award selection committee.
- Candidates will be contacted for an interview in late March/early April, after which recipients will be notified.