Apply for Grants
Applications for Fall 2018 events will open on June 18th.
SUA Grants are intended to assist with expenses related to student group events and programs. Funding is not available for start-up or general operating costs (i.e. group supplies, meetings, recruitment events, weekly/biweekly occurrences, etc). For additional funding opportunities, visit the "Related University Grants" link found on the left-hand toolbar.
Applications are accepted on a rolling semesterly basis. Applications for Fall events (events taking place before January 1) open in June, while applications for Spring events (events taking place on or after January 1) open in October. All applications received by a given Application Due Date* below will be reviewed on the corresponding Review Date, so long as funding is still available and the event date complies with the timeline found on the dates chart below. Please be aware that applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is no guarantee that funding will last until the end of the school year.
*Please note that the application due dates listed below are the latest possible date that an application can be submitted based on the event/project date. We recommend that applications are submitted at least one grant cycle prior to your final deadline. Familiarize yourself with the Grant Process Overview to determine the most appropriate time for your group to complete an application. Please note that applying close to the date of your event could mean that your group will not receive awarded money until after the event occurs if there is any delay in the review process.
|Your Event Occurs On Or After:||Your Grant Application Due By:||Your Application Reviewed On:|
|August 1, 2017||July 5, 2017||July 12, 2017|
|September 1, 2017||August 2, 2017||August 9, 2017|
|October 1, 2017||September 6, 2017||September 13, 2017|
|November 1, 2017||October 4, 2017||October 11, 2017|
|December 1, 2017||November 1, 2017||November 8, 2017|
|January 1, 2018||December 8, 2017||December 13, 2017|
|February 1, 2018||January 3, 2018||January 10, 2018|
|March 1, 2018||February 7, 2018||February 14, 2018|
|April 1, 2018||March 7, 2018||March 14, 2018|
|May 1, 2018||April 4, 2018||April 11, 2018|
|June 1, 2018||May 2, 2018||May 10, 2018|
Note: Your event must occur before July 1, 2018.
How to Apply
To complete your application, here's some of the information you'll need to have ready:
- Applicant Information
- Student group name
- Names of partnering student groups, if applicable
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number, email address, etc.)
- Name and contact information of sponsoring University Department (for individual applicants only)
- Project Information
- Name, date, time and location of event
- Number of anticipated participants
- Clear and concise overview of event details
- Intended goals of the event
- Description of how the event will help to promote student development, enhance diversity and benefit the community
- Description of how information will be shared with the campus community, if applying for grants to be applied toward conference attendance costs
- Detailed Event Budget: document the entire anticipated event expenses and income. Budget template is provided.
- Grant Request
- Amount you are requesting
- Event Logistics
- Status of room/location reservations
- Information about food vendor(s) and status of food permit, if applicable
- Itemized details regarding supplies for event
- Publicity plan
- Plan for utilizing the grant logos