Apply for Grants
Grant applications are currently open for events taking place between August 1 - December 31, 2018. Applications for spring semester events will open in October.
Applications are accepted on a rolling semesterly basis. Applications for Fall events (events taking place before January 1) open in June, while applications for Spring events (events taking place on or after January 1) open in October. All applications received by a given application due date will be reviewed on the corresponding review date according to the chart below, so long as funding is still available. Please be aware that applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is no guarantee that funding will last until the end of the school year.
Please note that the application due dates listed below are the latest possible date that an application can be submitted, based on the event/project date. We recommend that applications are submitted at least one grant cycle prior to your final deadline. Familiarize yourself with the Grant Process Overview to determine the most appropriate time for your group to complete an application. Please note that applying close to the date of your event could mean that your group will not receive awarded money until after the event occurs if there is any delay in the review process.
|Your Event Occurs On Or After:||Your Grant Application Due By:||Your Application Reviewed On:|
|August 1, 2018||July 11, 2018||July 18, 2018|
|September 1, 2018||August 1, 2018||August 8, 2018|
|October 1, 2018||September 5, 2018||September 12, 2018|
|November 1, 2018||October 3, 2018||October 10, 2018|
|December 1, 2018||October 31, 2018||November 7, 2018|
|January 1, 2019||November 29, 2018||December 5, 2018|
|February 1, 2019||January 3, 2019||January 9, 2019|
|March 1, 2019||January 31, 2019||February 6, 2019|
|April 1, 2019||February 28, 2019||March 6, 2019|
Note: Your event must occur before July 1, 2019.
How to Apply
To complete your application, here's some of the information you'll need to have ready:
- Applicant Information
- Student group name
- Names of partnering student groups, if applicable
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number, email address, etc.)
- Project Information
- Name, date, time and location of event
- Number of anticipated participants
- Clear and concise overview of event details
- Intended goals of the event
- Description of how the event will help to promote student development, enhance diversity and/or benefit the community
- Description of how information gained will be shared with the campus community (if attending a conference)
- Detailed Event Budget: document the entire anticipated event expenses and income. Budget template is provided.
- Grant Request
- Amount you are requesting
- Event Logistics
- Status of room/location reservations
- Information about food vendor(s)
- List of event supplies
- Publicity plan
All applicants will be required to complete and attach a Budget Excel Template to their application.