Blood Drives: Goldy's Birthday Week
Partnering with American Red Cross, the blood drives are our way of giving back during Goldy’s Birthday Week.
Each Red Cross blood drive and donation center follows the highest standards of safety and infection control. To ensure the health of staff and donors, precautions include:
- Checking temperatures of staff and donors before entering a drive to make sure they are healthy.
- Providing hand sanitizer for use before the drive, as well as throughout the donation process.
- Following social distancing between donors including entry, donation and refreshment areas.
- Wearing face masks or coverings for both staff and donors.
- Routinely disinfecting surfaces, equipment and donor-touched areas.
- Wearing gloves, and changing gloves often.
- Using sterile collection sets and an aseptic scrub for every donation.
For more information on COVID-19 and blood donation, please use the following link: https://www.redcrossblood.org/donate-blood/dlp/coronavirus--covid-19--and-blood-donation.html
Registration to this event is required. Register for this event at: z.umn.edu/GBWBloodDrives
Student Events and Entertainment (SEE) prioritizes student health and safety above all else. While at the event, attendees will be screened at the door, are expected to wear masks or face shields throughout the event, and maintain a six-foot distance from other attendees outside of their household. SEE staff will maintain a clean event space and enforce physical distancing and mask requirements. Additional details will be emailed prior to the event.
To request disability accommodations contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-626-6919 at least ten business days in advance of event date. We will do our best to accommodate requests made after this date.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Keeping our campus safe continues to be a community effort, and we appreciate your willingness to contribute. Stay home when you're sick, and wash your hands. Until the mask mandate ends March 21, please wear a mask when indoors.
Continue to check for symptoms of COVID-19 before attending events. If you are experiencing symptoms or have recently been exposed do not enter, go home, and contact your doctor.