View policy information regarding student group insurance.

TULIP Coverage Instructions

If an RSO does not have its own coverage, it may purchase Tenant User’s Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP). This program is designed for third-party facility users who need to purchase general liability insurance for an event. TULIP is a General Liability policy that protects both the facility user and the University. The policy provides coverage for bodily and personal injury or property damage arising out of the use of University premises by external users.

To purchase coverage for your event:

  1. Visit:
  2. Click on “Get A Quote” located on the left side of the screen or “QuickQuote” located at the top of the page.
  3. Select the location of your event by following the prompts:
    1. State – Minnesota
    2. Location – The University of Minnesota
    3. Venue – 4025 Regents of the University of Minnesota
  4. Select the Dates and attendance for your events using the calendar function. Note: Coverage is required for all days of your event.
  5. Select your event type by following the prompts.
  6. Disregard the “Additional Coverage Options” screen (excess coverage, alcohol and vendors…) as this additional coverage is not required - the policies and paperwork regarding Alcohol Use can be viewed in the forms library.
  7. Review your Coverage and Premium.
  8. Input payment information and click “Submit.”
  9. Forward a copy of your receipt to the reservation or event contact you are working with for your event.

General Exception: Athletic events, such as ‘fun runs,’ are outside the scope of the coverage. K&K Insurance or sanctioning by USA Track and Field are options for obtaining coverage. Student Unions & Activities can assist you with these options.

  1. K & K Insurance
  2. USA Track and Field

If you have any questions or need further clarification on University of Minnesota insurance policies, please contact the Office of Risk Management, 612-624-5884.