There are two prep kitchens in Coffman Memorial Union, one on the third floor and the Great Hall kitchen. Both kitchens are preparation rooms to keep cooked food warm, thus there are no ovens in either prep kitchen. The rooms do not contain freezers, ovens, silverware or utensils for use. Cleaning instructions are posted in the prep kitchens on how to operate and clean the equipment.†
In the St Paul Student Center, there is one prep kitchen on the 2nd floor adjacent to the North Star Ballroom.
How to access prep spaces and elevator:
- Event Services Office (612) 624-9954 must be notified if you plan on using catering preparation facilities.
- Visit Event Services Office in Room 309 Mon - Fri. 8:00am - 5pm to have prep kitchen unlocked OR visit the Information Desk on the 1st Floor to have them radio a building manager.
Trash and Recycling
Trash and recycling is located in the East Loading Dock. For assistance in removing your trash from the prep space, please contact a building manager at the Events and Conferences office or by going to the Information Desk.
The third floor prep kitchen features:
- Delfield 2 stack dish dispensers
- Hot Cabinets
- Ice Bin
- Nielsons Well Pans
- 1 Regular Victory Refrigerator
- Rolling Shelves
- Sink and Faucet
- Trash Cans
- Tray-holder Carts
- 2 Victory reach-in & pass thru Refrigerators
† Trash cans and liners are the only items provided by the Coffman Union. Before you leave please remove all items you brought into the kitchen. Please remove all trash & recycling. You are responsible for cleaning what you use. A fee of $22.00 per hour will be charged to your event if extra cleanup is required.