St. Paul Student Center Building Hours
We're sorry. We cannot retrieve the schedule at this time.
St. Paul Student Center Directions
St. Paul Student Center
2017 Buford Ave
St. Paul, MN 55108
- From the North and South
- Exit from 35W at Cleveland Avenue and drive south on Cleveland to the St. Paul campus. Turn left onto Buford Avenue. The St. Paul Student Center will be on your left.
- From the East
- Follow I-94 toward Minneapolis to Highway 280 (north exit only). Take Highway 280 to the East Hennepin/Larpenteur Avenue exit. Turn right onto Larpenteur and then right onto Cleveland Avenue. Turn left onto Buford Avenue. The St. Paul Student Center will be on your left.
- From the West
- Follow I-94 toward St. Paul to Highway 280 (north exit only). From Highway 280, take the East Hennepin/Larpenteur Avenue exit. Turn right onto Larpenteur and right onto Cleveland Avenue. Turn left onto Buford Avenue. The St. Paul Student Center will be on your left.
The University of Minnesota offers free campus shuttles between the West Bank, East Bank, and St. Paul campuses. Check the Parking and Transportation Services website for shuttle schedules.
- From the East Bank
- Shuttles depart in front of the Coffman Memorial Union on Washington Ave. Trip time to St. Paul Student Center is approximately 15 minutes.
- From West Bank Campus
- Shuttles regularly depart in front of Blegen Hall on Washington Ave. Trip time to the St. Paul Student Center is approximately 20 minutes.
- Departing St. Paul Student Center
- Shuttles depart regularly in front of the building on Buford Ave.
- Disability Parking
- Available on Buford Avenue, directly across from the St. Paul Student Center on the south side of the street.
- Metered Parking
- Available on Buford Avenue, directly across from the St. Paul Student Center on the south side of the street, Eckles Avenue on the east side of the street and Carter Avenue on the south side of the street.
- Hourly Parking
- Available in the Gortner Parking Ramp by following Buford Avenue to the second stop sign, and taking a right onto Gortner Avenue. The ramp will be on right.
- Daily Rate Parking
- Available in lot #S101 on the corner of Cleveland and Commonwealth Avenues. The #S101 lot closes daily at midnight and reopens at 6 a.m. the following morning. The lot is closed on weekends from Friday at midnight until Monday at 6 a.m. Additional daily parking is available in the #S106 lot by taking Buford Circle off of Buford Avenue.
The St. Paul Student Center’s loading dock is located off of Lower Buford Circle. For loading dock utilization, please contact the Event Services office at 612-624-8145.
St. Paul Student Center Building Directory
- Lower Level
- Event Services Office
- Gopher Spot Game Room and Bowling
- Information Desk
- Larson Gallery Lounge
- Paul Whitney Larson Gallery
- Police Substation
- Postal Station
- Printing Services
- Student Activities Office
- Student Unions & Activities Administrative Office
- Technology Help
- University Bookstore
- First Floor
- Conference Rooms
- Garden Terrace
- 125 A/B
- Harvest Room
- Minnesota Commons
- University Dining Services
- Second Floor
- Cherrywood Room
- Conference Room
- Dexter Room
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE)
- North Star Ballroom
- North Star Ballroom Patio
- Public Lounge
St. Paul Student Center Services
St. Paul Student Center Food & Drink
St. Paul Student Center Study Locations
This TV lounge is in the main area of the lower level and is equipped with tables, chairs and couches. Vending is nearby.
Gopher Spot houses a seating area that is perfect if you want to sit at a table to study. The attached convenience store also offers many food, snack and beverage options.
Terrace Café Seating
There is plenty of study space in the seating area near the Terrace Café, which is also a great place to get food while you study.
This outdoor location is outside of the Terrace Café and features tables and benches. During the spring and summer months, it is host to noon concerts.
TV Lounge Between SPSC and Bailey Hall
This lounge between Bailey Hall and the St. Paul Student Center is a perfect place to watch TV and finish up your homework.