Student Opening: Senior Student Manager with CMU Post Office
- Number of Openings
The Senior Student Manager with the CMU Post Station assists the full-time manager in the responsibilities and tasks necessary to successfully operate the CMU Postal Station and managing a staff consisting of a Student Manager (SM) and 12 to 16 Customer Service Associates (CSAs). The Senior Student Manager is responsible for supervision, operations management, and high-level administrative tasks. Senior Student Managers are expected to be proactive in conceptualizing, developing and implementing projects that will improve operations. The Senior Student Managers must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours a week.
- Firm understanding of SUA Retail and Postal Station policies
- Established leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Attentive to detail, handling money and transactions
- Previous managing and supervising experience in a retail setting
- Ability to problem solve and deal with difficult situations
- Previous experience completing nightly deposits or performing closing tasks
- Able to give one year commitment
Notes for This Posting
We would like to complete the application and reviews by mid April, to allow training to be completed before the end of Spring Semester.
The Senior Student Manager is scheduled, primarily, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:30am and 5:30pm. Please visit the Postal Stations web page to view the business hours. The minimum shift length is two hours. Successful applicants will be able to work at least three shifts/days per week.
Complete the application using your Spring Semester work availability. Applicants must be eligible and available to work Fall 2017 and Spring 2018; Summer 2017 employment is available, but is not required to be considered for the position.
- You must be able to work for the Fall Semester or Spring Semester or Full Year.
- You must be able to work 15-20 hours per week.
- You must be able to work .