Student Opening: Events Services Student Event Coordinator Intern
- Number of Openings
The Event Services Student Event Coordinator Intern is an integral part of the CMU Event Services office during the academic year. They provide assistance to those who want to reserve space in the Student Unions & Activities, specifically Coffman Memorial Union: the Great Hall, Theater, Mississippi Room, Presidents Room, The Whole, and conference rooms. The Student Event Coordinator assists with coordinating events and enforcing University and Union policies for student groups, university departments, and outside guests. They report directly to the Event Services Coordinator.
- Current University of Minnesota student. See student employment eligibility
- Previous event planning and/or coordinating experience
- Customer service-oriented
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and detail-oriented
- Able to maintain high energy in a busy environment
- Able to demonstrate independence and occasionally work without supervision
- Experience with Visio and EMS software
- Knowledge of Student Unions and Activities and Coffman Memorial Union
Notes for This Posting
Student must be able to work 3-4 shifts for 15-18 hours a week throughout the school year. Primary hours are scheduled between 7:30am-7:30pm, Monday to Fridays. Applicant must be able to work at least 2 hours per shift.
Manager expects to complete hiring by the beginning of August.
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 15-18 hours per week.