Student Opening: Audio Visual Technician at SPSC
- Number of Openings
Student Audio-Visual Technicians are a part of the Event Services Office and provide support for a wide range of events, concerts, films, and conferences at the St. Paul Student Center. Responsibilities include the set-up and operation of A/V equipment such as data projection, teleconferencing, microphones and speakers for concerts and lectures and general theatrical lighting. Students are required to attend weekly staff meetings and are scheduled primarily for evening and weekend shifts. Customer service is integral to this position.
- Current University of Minnesota student. See student employment eligibility
- Great customer service attitude
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in learning, audio/visual technologies and how they operate
- Ability to be able to work with minimal supervision
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work more hours when needed, particularly during evenings and weekends
Notes for This Posting
Student Audio Visual Technicians provide support for events, concerts, films, and conferences at the St. Paul Student Center. Responsibilities include the set-up and operation of A/V equipment; video, data, and film projection; mic'ing and sound-reinforcement for concerts and lectures; theatrical lighting; and teleconferencing. Students are required to attend weekly staff meetings and should be available for evening and weekend shifts.
Please Note: shifts vary week by week but are primarily nights and weekends. However, shifts may occur anytime within the following ranges:
Monday - Friday 7am - 11pm Saturday 8am - 12am Sunday 12pm- 11pm
Students who are able to work Friday evenings, 7:30 to 10:30pm and Saturdays, at various times between 12pm and 10pm are preferred!
Saturday shifts are scheduled on rotations. Shift lengths are a minimum of 1 hour.
The manager hopes to complete hiring before January 1, 2018.
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 1-20 hours per week.
- You must be able to work 2 shifts per week.