Student Opening: Student Manager with Gopher Express West
- Number of Openings
The primary role of the Gopher Express West (GEW) Student Managers is to serve as the first point of contact for approximately 14 Customer Service Associates (CSAs); the GEW Student Managers provide leadership through supervisor and training. Student Managers assist in managing the condition of the facilities, providing customer service, assisting in inventory management, and other mid-level administrative tasks; they are expected to be available for work for a minimum of 12 hours per week during the Academic School Year, additional hours available during Summer and Breaks.
- Six months, minimum, experience in sales and customer service
- Ability to accurately handle money and transactions
- Exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, without supervision
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Previous leadship experience in a customer service environment
- Ability to problem solve and deal with difficult situations
- Knowledge of SUA programs & facilities through SUA work or volunteer experience
- Ability to offer a one year commitment to the position
Notes for This Posting
Applicant must be available to work 12-15 hours a week during the Gopher Express West's hours of operation. Typically, Student Managers work three to five days a week, including some weekday opening and/or closing shifts. The successful applicant will be able to work Fall Semester on Thursdays, 4 - 6:30pm, other shifts are flexible.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. The hiring manager hopes to fill position by 27-July
Please note: A hiring offer is contingent on the successful completion of a background check. .
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 12-15 hours per week.
You must be able to work 0 of the following shifts:
- Thursday 04:00pm — Thursday 06:30pm