Student Opening: Student Manager with Gopher Express West
- Number of Openings
- West Bank Skyway
The primary role of the Gopher Express West (GEW) Student Managers is to serve as the first point of contact for approximately 14 Customer Service Associates (CSAs); the GEW Student Managers provide leadership through supervisor and training. Student Managers assist in managing the condition of the facilities, providing customer service, assisting in inventory management, and other mid-level administrative tasks; they are expected to be available for work for a minimum of 12 hours per week during the Academic School Year, additional hours available during Summer and Breaks.
- Six months, minimum, experience in sales and customer service
- Ability to accurately handle money and transactions
- Ability to serve and interact with customers and guests in a pleasant manner
- Able to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Previous supervisory or lead worker experience in a customer service environment
- Ability to offer a one year commitment to the position
- Knowledge of SUA programs & facilities through SUA work or volunteer experience
- Ability to problem solve and deal with difficult situations
Notes for This Posting
Applicant must be available to work 12-15 hours a week during the Gopher Express West's hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 7am-6:30pm. Typically, Student Managers work three to five days a week; the minimum shift length is 2 hours.
Applicants must be available and eligible to work this summer!
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. The hiring manager hopes to fill position by 10-Apr.
Please note:A hiring offer is contingent on the successful completion of a background check. .
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 12-15 hours per week.