Student Opening: Student Manager with Gopher Express
- Number of Openings
- Coffman Memorial Union
The primary role of the Gopher Express Student Managers is to serve as the first point of contact for Customer Service Associates, (CSAs), providing leadership and supervision. Student Managers are responsible for managing the condition of the facilities, providing customer service, assisting in inventory management, assisting in the supervision of a staff, and other mid-level administrative tasks. Gopher Express Student Managers must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week during the Academic School Year, additional hours available during summer and break periods.
- Prior work or volunteer experience in sales and customer service
- Ability to accurately handle money and transactions
- Ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision
- Exhibit excellent communication and organizational skills
- Previous leadership experience in a customer service environment
- Knowledge of SUA programs and facilities, through employment or volunteer experience
- Ability to problem solve and deal with difficult situations
Notes for This Posting
Applicants must be available to work Full Year.
The successful applicant will be available to work at least three week day shifts (2 or more consecutive hours) and occasional weekend shifts. Gopher Express Student Managers are scheduled, primarily, between 7am and 5pm Please visit the Gopher Express web page to view the business hours. Applicants must expect to available and eligible to work Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. The hiring manager will consider applicants not available to work Summer 2017.
The hiring manager expects to complete hiring by the end of April, 2017 to allow for training before the end of Spring Semester.
- You must be able to work for the Fall Semester or Spring Semester or Full Year.
- You must be able to work 15-20 hours per week.
- You must be able to work .