Student Opening: Audio Visual Technician at CMU - Entry
- Number of Openings
Student Audio-Visual Technicians are a part of the Event Services Team. They provide support for events, concerts, films, and conferences at Coffman Memorial Union. Responsibilities include the set-up and operation of A/V equipment; video, data, and film projection; mic'ing and sound-reinforcement for concerts and lectures; theatrical lighting; and teleconferencing. Students are required to attend weekly staff meetings and should be available for evening and weekend shifts.
SUA considers this to be an entry level position.
- Familiarity with Coffman Memorial Union, and the St. Paul Student Center
- Great customer service attitude
- Supervisory and training skills
- Knowledge of audio/visual technology and equipment
- Ability to be able to work with minimal to no supervision
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work more hours when needed, particularly during evenings and weekends
Notes for This Posting
Shifts vary but are scheduled primarily in mid to later afternoons, evenings and weekends. Available shifts are listed below.
Applicants must be available to work at least 12 hours per week, with 6 hour long shifts.
*Applicants availability must include Saturdays and/or Sundays
The successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record of reliability and punctuality. Prior experience with A/V equipment is welcome.
Undergrads with Freshman or Sophomore standing are preferred.
- You must be able to work for the Spring Semester or Full Year.
- You must be able to work 12-19 hours per week.
You must be able to work 2 of the following shifts:
- Monday 03:00pm — Monday 09:00pm
- Saturday 06:00pm — Sunday 12:00am