Student Opening: Audio Visual Technician at CMU - Entry
- Number of Openings
Student Audio-Visual Technicians are a part of the Event Services Office and provide support for a wide range of events, concerts, films, and conferences at Coffman Memorial Union. Responsibilities include the set-up and operation of A/V equipment such as data projection, teleconferencing, microphones and speakers for concerts and lectures and general theatrical lighting. Students are required to attend weekly staff meetings and are scheduled primarily for evening and weekend shifts. Customer service is integral to this position.
- Great customer service attitude
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in learning, audio/visual technologies and how they operate
- Ability to be able to work independently (after initial training)
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work more hours when needed, particularly during evenings and weekends
Notes for This Posting
Shifts vary but are scheduled primarily in mid to later afternoons, evenings and weekends. Available shifts are listed below.
Applicants must be available to work at least 12 hours per week, with 6 hour long shifts.
*Applicants availability must include Saturdays and/or Sundays
The successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record of reliability and punctuality. Prior experience with A/V equipment is welcome.
Undergrads with Freshman or Sophomore standing are preferred.
- You must be able to work for the Spring Semester or Full Year.
- You must be able to work 12-19 hours per week.
You must be able to work 2 of the following shifts:
- Monday 03:00pm — Monday 09:00pm
- Saturday 06:00pm — Sunday 12:00am