Student Opening: Audio Visual Technician at CMU - Entry
- Number of Openings
Student Audio-Visual Technicians are a part of the Event Services Office and provide support for a wide range of events, concerts, films, and conferences at Coffman Memorial Union. Responsibilities include the set-up and operation of A/V equipment such as data projection, teleconferencing, microphones and speakers for concerts and lectures and general theatrical lighting. Students are required to attend weekly staff meetings and are scheduled primarily for evening and weekend shifts. Customer service is integral to this position.
- Great customer service attitude
- Knowledge of, or strong interest in learning, audio/visual technologies and how they operate
- Ability to be able to work independently (after initial training)
- Flexible schedule with the ability to work more hours when needed, particularly during evenings and weekends
Notes for This Posting
Typical shifts are evenings (4pm-10:30pm/12am) Monday-Saturday, Sundays 12pm-10pm
Applicants must be available to work at least 10 hours per week with shift lengths of 5 or more hours.
The successful candidates will have a demonstrated track record of reliability and punctuality. Prior experience with A/V equipment is welcome but not necessary.
Undergrads with Freshman or Sophomore standing are preferred. Training may begin before the end of the Fall semester and will continue into the Spring.
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 10-20 hours per week.
- You must be able to work 3 shifts per week.