Student Opening: Student Systems Administrator
- Number of Openings
The Systems Administrator will assist SUA with its technology service needs. Responsibilities may include development of SUA’s web sites, assisting with scripting and automation projects, applying new security configurations to SUA servers and systems, and other IT duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in web programming, automation, security, and working on complex technical projects under the guidance of SUA’s full-time web development and system administration staff.
- Current UMTC student. See student employment eligibility
- Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux desktop operating system usage and troubleshooting experience
- Familiarity with one or more scripting or programming languages such as Python, Bash, Ansible, PowerShell, or other languages
- Able to demonstrate independence and occasionally work without supervision
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
Notes for This Posting
This is an advanced level position based in Coffman. The employee's starting rate will be $12.00 per hour. The potential applicant must be available to work 10-15 hours per week with the minimum shift length being 2 hours. Applicant must be able to work 3 days per week during office hours (Mon-Friday, 8am-5pm). Shift start times and lengths may vary.
The position offices at Coffman Memorial Union, but IT Assistants travel to the St. Paul Student Center as well as the West Bank.
Undergrads with Freshman or Sophomore standings are preferred.
Offer is contingent on passing a background check.
- You must be able to work for the Full Year.
- You must be able to work 10-15 hours per week.