Student Opening: Customer Service Associate with SPSC Post Office & Information Desk
- Number of Openings
Customer Service Associates (CSAs) are the front line service providers to guests. CSAs answer general questions about the St. Paul Student Center, the U of MN Campus, and Twin Cities meetings, events, and activities via the phone and in person. They also handle and provide assistance with postal services, discount and seasonal ticket sales, SPSC locker rentals, creation of replacement U Cards, and distribution of the U-Pass and Campus Zone Pass. CSAs are responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the work area, stocking merchandise, cashiering, and other entry-level tasks.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- Minimum 10 hours/week availability during hours of operation
- Previous cash handling experience
- Previous customer service experience
- At least one semester of student experience at the U of MN - Twin Cities
Notes for This Posting
We are accepting applications for staff to work this position now and continue into the academic year.
The successful applicant will be available to work weekdays.
Days have been broken into shifts of 2-4 hours but some flexibility on timing of these shifts exists to cooperate with students' class schedules and availabilities.
During the acacemic year, the SPSC Information Desk & Postal Station is open on Saturdays. Weekend shifts are assigned on a rotating basis. Employees are expected to be available to work at least 2 Saturdays shifts per semester for shifts from 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- You must be able to work for the Fall Semester or Full Year.
- You must be able to work 8-12 hours per week.
- You must be able to work 3 shifts per week.
Your application will be preferred if you are able to work the following shifts:
- Tuesday 1:00pm — Tuesday 3:00pm
- Tuesday 10:00am — Tuesday 12:00pm
- Tuesday 11:00am — Tuesday 1:00pm
- Tuesday 12:00pm — Tuesday 2:00pm
- Wednesday 1:00pm — Wednesday 4:00pm
- Thursday 7:30am — Thursday 10:00am
- Thursday 10:00am — Thursday 12:00pm
- Thursday 12:00pm — Thursday 2:00pm
- Thursday 2:00pm — Thursday 4:00pm
- Friday 12:00pm — Friday 2:00pm