Student Opening: Customer Service Associate with SPSC Post Office & Information Desk
- Number of Openings
Customer Service Associates (CSAs) are the front line service providers to guests. CSAs answer general questions about the St. Paul Student Center, the U of MN Campus, and Twin Cities meetings, events, and activities via the phone and in person. They also handle and provide assistance with postal services, discount and seasonal ticket sales, SPSC locker rentals, creation of replacement U Cards, and distribution of the U-Pass and Campus Zone Pass. CSAs are responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the work area, stocking merchandise, cashiering, and other entry-level tasks.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with a diverse customer base
- Minimum 10 hours/week availability during hours of operation
- Previous cash handling experience
- Previous customer service experience
- At least one semester of student experience at the U of MN - Twin Cities
Notes for This Posting
We are accepting applications for staff to work this position now and continue into the academic year.
The successful applicant will be available to work weekdays.
Days have been broken into shifts of 2-4 hours but some flexibility on timing of these shifts exists to cooperate with students' class schedules and availabilities.
During the acacemic year, the SPSC Information Desk & Postal Station is open on Saturdays. Weekend shifts are assigned on a rotating basis. Employees are expected to be available to work at least 2 Saturdays shifts per semester.
- You must be able to work for the Fall Semester or Full Year.
- You must be able to work 10-12 hours per week.
You must be able to work 4 of the following shifts:
- Monday 10:00am — Monday 12:00pm
- Monday 02:00pm — Monday 04:00pm
- Tuesday 01:30pm — Tuesday 03:30pm
- Tuesday 11:30am — Tuesday 01:30pm
- Tuesday 05:30pm — Tuesday 07:30pm
- Tuesday 03:30pm — Tuesday 05:30pm
- Tuesday 09:30am — Tuesday 11:30am
- Tuesday 07:30am — Tuesday 09:30am
- Wednesday 02:00pm — Wednesday 04:00pm
- Wednesday 10:00am — Wednesday 12:00pm
- Thursday 03:30pm — Thursday 05:30pm
- Thursday 01:30pm — Thursday 03:30pm
- Thursday 11:30am — Thursday 01:30pm
- Thursday 05:30pm — Thursday 07:30pm
- Thursday 09:30am — Thursday 11:30am
- Thursday 07:30am — Thursday 09:30am
- Saturday 11:30am — Saturday 05:30pm