UMAA Student Leadership Awards
Overview of Award
Every year, the University of Minnesota Alumni Association (UMAA) awards $500 scholarships to undergraduate student leaders for their academic achievement, personal character, leadership qualities and contributions to the University of Minnesota. Candidates must first apply for the President’s Student Leadership and Service Award (PSLSA) to be considered for this award.
- Undergraduate Student
- 2015 President’s Student Leadership and Service Award Recipient
- 3.25 GPA (as of Dec 31, 2014)
- Personal interview
- Candidates for this award must first apply for the President’s Student Leadership and Service Award.
- The PSLSA selection committee will forward a pool of qualified undergraduate students to the UMAA Award selection committee. This committee also considers candidates for the Donald R. Zander Award.
- The PSLSA selection committee will notify PSLSA recipients of their award and provide them with information on the subsequent UMAA Student Leadership Award application process.
- UMAA candidate notification: March 9-13, 2015
- UMAA candidate interviews: March 2015
- UMAA recipient notification: March 30-April 3, 2015
- Awards will be presented at the PSLSA Banquet on Tuesday, April 28, 2015.
Please direct questions to the Student Activities Office at Coffman Memorial Union room 126, (612) 626-6919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.