Nomination Information and Guidelines
Nominations are due on or before Friday, February 10, 2017. Upon submission of your nomination, nominees will be notified to submit a student addendum form, which will be due on or before Friday, February 24, 2017.
- Your response will be limited to 250 words and must address up to three of the Student Development Outcomes listed below.
- Activities mentioned in the essays must take place since January 1, 2016.
- The nomination essay should provide clear examples of ways that the student demonstrated leadership.
- The nomination essay should include detail regarding the student's accomplishments & contributions. If referring to contributions that are required as part of his or her employment, please explain their effort beyond the expected duties of the position.
The Student Development Outcomes (SDOs) were created to describe the critical elements of the student experience and to assist students in becoming lifelong learners and engaged citizens after they leave the University. Please see the Student Development Outcomes page for more detailed descriptions.
- Responsibility and Accountability: Making appropriate decisions on behavior and accepting the consequences of one’s actions.
- Independence and Interdependence: Knowing when to collaborate or seek help and when to act independently.
- Goal Orientation: Managing one’s energy and attention to achieve specific outcomes.
- Self Awareness: Knowing one’s personal strengths and talents and acknowledging one’s shortcomings.
- Resilience: Recovering and learning from setbacks or disappointments
- Appreciation of Differences: Recognizing the value of interacting with individuals with backgrounds or perspectives different from one’s own.
- Tolerance of Ambiguity: Demonstrating the ability to perform in complicated environments where clear-cut answers or standard operating procedures are absent.