Mary A. McEvoy Award
Every year, the Professional Student Government (PSG) in collaboration with the Council of Graduate Students (COGS) presents the Mary A. McEvoy Award for Public Engagement and Leadership to graduate and professional students who display leadership and public engagement above and beyond their normal duties and responsibilities. This award shall be given to one graduate and one professional student, each receiving a scholarship of $1,000. Candidates must demonstrate dedication and assistance that benefit an individual, group or community, or strengthen a democratic way of life.
Public Engagement is defined as:
- Outreach: Facilitating and improving public engagement initiatives in one’s own community.
- Research: Developing, conducting and disseminating original and publishable public engagement research.
- Community Concerns: Setting up local initiatives that could create reciprocal partnerships within the community.
- Graduate or professional student
- 2017 President’s Student Leadership and Services Award recipient
- 3.5 GPA
- Written essay and personal interview
- Candidates for this award will only be considered upon applying for and receiving the President’s Student Leadership and Service Award (PSLSA).
- The PSLSA selection committee will forward a pool of eligible graduate and professional students to the Mary A. McEvoy award selection committee
- The Mary A. McEvoy selection committee will send additional essay questions to be answered by the candidates in March.
- Interviews will take place in April, after which recipients will be notified.