President’s Student Leadership and Service Award
Facilitated in coordination with the Office of the President, Office for Student Affairs, University of Minnesota Alumni Association and Student Unions & Activities, the President’s Student Leadership & Service Award (PSLSA) recognizes the accomplishments and contributions of outstanding student leaders at the University of Minnesota-Twin Cities. It is presented to approximately one-half of one percent of the student body for their exceptional leadership and service to the University of Minnesota and the surrounding community.
Awards will be presented at the President’s Award Banquet on Tuesday, April 28, 2015.
About the Awards Process
Students may nominate themselves for the President’s Student Leadership & Service Award or be nominated by University faculty, staff, or a fellow student. Nominations will be reviewed by a diverse committee of University of Minnesota students, faculty, and staff in February. Candidates will be notified in March if they are award recipients and given further information on subsequent application processes for the following awards:
- UMAA Student Leadership Award
- Twelve undergraduate PSLSA students will be selected to receive a $500 award
- Donald R. Zander Award for Outstanding Student Leadership
- Two undergraduate PSLSA students will be selected to receive a $1,000 award
- Mary A. McEvoy Public Engagement and Leadership Award
- One graduate student and one professional PSLSA student will be selected to receive a $1,000 scholarship