- American Association of Public Health Dentistry Student Chapter (#2860)
- Last Registered:
- September 24, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date:
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
Categories: Academic and Educational, Graduate/Professional, Health and Wellness
Student chapter of the American Association of Public Health Dentistry at the University of Minnesota School of Dentistry
Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
1. Invited talks/seminars/lunch and learns regarding Public Health Dentistry from keynote speakers from the Dental Public Health arena as well as within the community who are involved in furthering oral health services in some form.
2. Volunteer/Outreach activities to local communities, community health centers, and local as well as State oral health departments.
3. Field trips to community health centers, local and state oral health departments.
4. Members will also receive opportunities and support to participate at local and national oral health conferences.
How this group's activities benefit the University community:
Our activities will benefit the University community by enhancing the knowledge base in and around Dental Public Health. Additionally, this student chapter will help create inter-professional communication and collaboration among various health professionals. It will also serve as a resource to students, faculty, and University affiliates regarding public health dentistry. Finally, our group will support the development of future leaders in Dental Public Health.
How this group fits into its categories:
Our group is a student chapter of the American Association of Public Health Dentistry which is a national professional dental specialty organization. It fits in the academic/educational category since the goal of this chapter is to further education and awareness among the students at the School of Dentistry regarding public health dentistry.
How to get involved with this group:
Any one who involved or interested in working with the community is eligible to participate in seminars, meetings and special events. Information regarding these events can be sought by emailing any of the officers. Additionally events and meetings information will be emailed well in advance to registered members. People can get involved by attending group meetings that are scheduled two/three times per semester over the noon hour in Moos Tower. A ten-dollar membership fee is requested towards organizing various activities. No membership application is required at this time.
- 9-425a Moos Tower
515 Delaware St. SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
- Raylien Chao
- Pa Yang
- Megan Kack
- Emily Skibinski
- Diem Tran
- Karin Quick