#971: Muslim Law Student Association
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- October 10, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Cultural and Diversity,Graduate/Professional
About this Group
- Group Description
- The Muslim Law Students Association (MLSA) at the University of Minnesota Law School provides for the professional, social, and intellectual needs of Muslim students on campus. MLSA aims to increase exposure, awareness, and understanding of domestic and international legal, cultural, and political issue, which affect Muslim communities. This year, MLSA plans to host monthly dinners for students, networking events with lawyers, panel discussions, and community service events. Open to all students, MLSA encourages any student with an interest to join.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- MLSA hosts networking events, monthly dinners, community service events, panel discussions, and lectures during lunch.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Our activities help foster the professional development of students on campus, and also benefit the law school community because we increase awareness of issues affecting Muslims in the United States.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- MLSA is a graduate/professional organization for law students. MLSA aims to promote the professional development of Muslim law students, and other law students who join the organization. MLSA is also a cultural/diversity organization because it hosts cultural events to foster community among law students, and also aims to increase awareness of legal issues facing the Muslim community in the United States.
- How to get involved with this group:
- To get involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
229 19th Ave. S Minneapolis, MN 554