#950: Student Intellectual Property Law Association
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- September 6, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Academic and Educational,Graduate/Professional,Special Interest and Hobby
About this Group
- Group Description
- SIPLA is a group of students interested in issues involved in the study and practice of intellectual property law. SIPLA strives to promote the study and pursuit of careers in all aspects of intellectual property law including technical and non-technical fields in patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret law. Our goals include providing education on intellectual property law topics by bringing in speakers from the IP community, and enhancing networking opportunities with current IP professionals and other students.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- SIPLA primarily focuses on hosting interactive panel and speaker events on the Law School campus regarding topics that relate to intellectual property law. Common topics include, but are not limited to, the practice of patent prosecution, patent litigation, IP transactions, copyright, and trademark law. We invite speakers to share with students their experiences in growing an intellectual property practice in the private, public and corporate sectors. Moreover, we provide students with one-on-one networking opportunities with local practitioners in order to broaden their IP attorney networking base.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Our activities introduce law students, engineering students, and general graduate and undergraduate students to the practice of intellectual property law. SIPLA not only educates the University community about current intellectual property legal issues, but also exposes its members and fellow law students to this potential career path.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- Academic and Educational - our organization educates students inside and outside the Law School about the practice of intellectual property law and how to learn more about potential career paths.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Contact Carla Virlee, email@example.com, for more information.
University of Minnesota Law School Walter F. Mondale Hall 229-19th Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55455