#811: Plant Pathology Graduate Student Organization
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- September 25, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Campus Life Program
- Academic and Educational,Graduate/Professional
- Plant Pathology
About this Group
- Group Description
- To provide academic activites of timely interest to members on contemporary aspects of plant pathology and related sciences. To provide social activities and events for the members and other members of the department of plant pathology. To participate in formulating and implementing policy laid out by the Department of Plant Pathology's by-laws and constitution.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- Members become involved in planning the activities and implementing public relation events of the department of Plant Pathology including: biennual plant pathology symposium: (http://plpa.cfans.umn.edu/NewsEvents/GraduateStudentSymposium/index.htm) department socialization events: promote collaboration and comradery among plant pathologists and other scientists Annual retreat to Itasca/Cloquet Legacy Lunches: monthly lunches highlighting a faculty, staff, or post-doc involved with plant pathology at the U Middle school outreach: developing and leading short courses with local middle school science teachers Prelim Workshops: to prepare students for written preliminary exams
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- We foster a collegial atmosphere by hosting a biennual symposium which promote dialogsbetween UMN faculty, staff and students and internationally recognized guest speakers along with providing a positive group for developing member's professional skills including: event planning, budget preparation and grant writing, diversified teaching skills, networking and social skills.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- Our group is comprised mainly of graduate students from the department of Plant Pathology but undergraduate, graduates, from other departments are welcome to join. Please contact the President to get on the mailing list.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Enroll in a graduate program in Plant Pathology or contact the President to get on the mailing list.
Department of Plant Pathology 495 Borlaug Hall 1991 Upper Buford Circle St. Paul, MN 55108