#686: Amnesty International-Legal Support Network
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- November 15, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Political and Social Action
About this Group
- Group Description
- Amnesty International is a campaigning movement that works to promote the human rights set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. It campaigns to end violence against women, ensure fair and prompt trials for political prisoners, abolish the death penalty, abolish torture, and oppose human rights abuses by opposition groups.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- Presenting educational and awareness-raising events, lobbying, letter writing, networking with other campus and community activists to help impact human rights issues.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Raising awareness and increasing access to human rights campaigns.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- As a student group, we work to support the campaigns promoted by the grassroots organization Amnesty International. For more information on the objectives and priorities of Amnesty International please see www.amnestyusa.org.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Contact one of the officers listed.
229 19th Ave S. Minneapolis, MN 55455