#3019: Queer and Allied Veterinary Medical Association (QAVMA)
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- September 24, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Cultural and Diversity,Graduate/Professional,St. Paul Campus
About this Group
- Group Description
- Our organization is a club for gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans, queer, and allied veterinary students to meet, socialize, and discuss issues of gender and sexual orientation diversity in our profession, as well as celebrate the unique experiences and perspectives of our members.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- We will be offering monthly meetings that include but are not limited to speakers, social events, and community projects relating to veterinary medicine as well as the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and queer (LGBTQ) community.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Our goal is to provide support to students on the St. Paul Campus and work with the LGVMA, the professional organization for queer veterinarians and allies. In addition to aiding veterinary students in their personal and professional lives, we will also be partnering with local LGBT organizations on service projects relating to veterinary medicine in the community.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- We are a group for students in the College of Veterinary Medicine located on the St. Paul campus who either identify as members of the LGBT community or as allies.
- How to get involved with this group:
- In order to get involved, please contact one of the officers, and they will give you more information about joining and dates/locations of events.
1988 Fitch Avenue St. Paul, MN 55108