#2943: Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence Ambassadors (MCAE Ambassadors)
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- October 18, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Campus Life Program
- Academic and Educational,Cultural and Diversity
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence
About this Group
- Group Description
- The guiding purpose of the MCAE Student Ambassador program is to expand the studentsâ€™ experience in the university community by offering an opportunity to participate in various activities such as: special campus events, prospective student outreach and follow up, student panel discussions, focus group participation, K-12 outreach and other student services projects. Through these events, the Student Ambassadors will support recruitment and facilitate enrollment of new undergraduate students by creating a dedicated, diverse, and energetic organization; help build pipelines to the University of Minnesota and MCAE through K-12 outreach; and serve, promote, and deepen the opportunities available to current University of Minnesota students to strengthen the university community. Student Ambassadors will be committed to supporting our communityâ€™s diversity and the values that are core to the MCAE. We are committed to serving the following groups: â— Prospective students and parents â— K-12 student and community populations â— University of Minnesota community and other communities
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- MCAE Kick-Off U of M Paint The Bridge Homecoming Parade MCAE Open House on the Minneapolis & St.Paul Campus Mid Term Exam Jam Finals Exam Jam Diversity Networking and Scholarship Event Experience Minnesota Office of Equity &Diversity Breakfast MCAE Game Night Kids on Campus Deanâ€™s Receptions Open House (All Colleges) MCAE Recognition Event Celebration of Achievement and collaborations with other student groups and departments across campus.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- MCAEâ€™s Student Ambassadors is a dynamic team of student leaders committed to promoting the Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence (MCAE) and the University of Minnesota to prospective students and their families, current students, alumni, and the surrounding communities. By creating a positive first and lasting impression, the integrity of the center and university is supported and enhanced.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- MCAE Ambassadors is a program initiated through the Multiculrual Center for Academic Excellence which develops and fosters inclusive, coherent learning for undergraduates at the University of Minnesota through educational support programs, community engagement, and cultural activities. The ambassador program represents the Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence and opens opportunities, promotes social change, networks, and creates leaders out of our University of Minnesota scholars through fostering multiculturalism and focusing on academic excellence.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Multicultural Center for Academic Excellence Ambassadors openly admits students to its membership and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, person appearance, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution. MCAE Ambassadors are recruiting five new ambassadors this fall. Applications are due September 30. Meetings are Tuesday Evening at 4pm. For more information contact the ambassadors at firstname.lastname@example.org
140 Appleby Hall, 128 Pleasant Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455