#2865: The Minnesota Dental Student Research Group
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- October 9, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
About this Group
- Group Description
- The MSRG is a dental student research group that promotes evidence based dentistry and scientific research.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- As the local chapter of the American Association of Dental Research (AADR), the Minnesota Student Research Group (MSRG) endeavors to promote scientific research as it pertains to dentistry and health. The activities of the International Association of Dental Research (IADR) and AADR as well as the National Student Research Group (NSRG) will be promoted locally when appropriate.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- The University of Minnesota School of Dentistry faculty, staff and students benefit with this student-led organization that reviews current scientific research as it applies to dentistry and oral health. Various tools and skills auxiliary to performing research will be presented and nurtured in student members to produce a most scientifically aware student member. In addition to required learning, this in turn can potentially benefit the quality of care patients receive at the School of Dentistry and the quality of communication dental students have with other health professionals.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- We fit into the professional/graduate student category because the membership services are aimed at dental students and all professional health care students.
- How to get involved with this group:
- We are associated with the American Association of Dental Research. Please participate in our seminars on scientific topics, skill sessions, recommendations for clinical care based on journal reviews, organization of student activities at the AADR's annual meeting and promotion of organized dental research and science in general. At a minimum, we will meet approximately March 1st of every year with seminars and reviews scheduled by the appointed officers. Please contact Colleen McShane (email@example.com) or our faculty advisor Dr. Rudney (firstname.lastname@example.org) to join and learn more.
Minnesota Dental Student Research Group School of Dentistry - Research Office Room 18-208 Moos Tower 515 Delaware St SE Minneapolis, MN 55455