#2812: South Asian Law Students Association
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- September 30, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Academic and Educational,Cultural and Diversity,Graduate/Professional
About this Group
- Group Description
- The South Asian Law Students Association at the University of Minnesota aims to articulate and promote the professional needs of South Asian Law Students. SALSA also aims to foster an appreciation and understanding of South Asian legal, political and social issues within the greater law school community. Open to all students, SALSA encourages any student with an interest in South Asia to join.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- SALSA will hold networking events to foster the relationship between South Asian Law Students and South Asians Attorneys. We will hold cultural events that highlight South Asian culture. We will also hold events such as documentary screening or bring in lecturers to highlight issues surrounding political, social and legal issues that involve South Asia.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- We will facilitate the cultural, academic and professional development of our members through our innovative programming which will in turn benefit the University community.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- We are a graduate and professional group because we are a law school organization that aims to foster the professional development of our members through events. We are a Cultural and Diversity group because we represent South Asian Law Students and their needs. We are a Academic and Educational organization because we will hold events that discuss academic issues effecting the South Asian community.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Membership is open to all Law Students, please contact email@example.com to be put on the mailing list.
Mondale Hall 229 19th Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55455