#2710: College of Science and Engineering Ambassadors
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- October 14, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Academic and Educational,Honorary and Leadership,Service
About this Group
- Group Description
- We are a group of enthusiastic and dynamic students who represent the College of Science and Engineering at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities. We give tours and speak to prospective students, support new CSE students and help with K-12 outreach activities.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- We assist the College of Science and Engineering with Outreach, Recruitment and Mentorship opportunities. This includes but is not limited to campus tours, current student shadowing opportunities for prospective students, mentoring new freshman and/or transfer students and working with various outreach activities for grade school students and their families.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- We serve a student voice and face for the College of Science and Engineering, while offering student perspective to prospective students, new students and future students.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- Academic and Educational, Honorary and Leadership, Service - By meeting with prospective students to discuss their college career we are aiding in their important academic and educational decisions. Mentoring allows our members to serve as leaders by volunteering their time to help discuss educational and academic opportunities to less experienced college students. Outreach events allow our members to volunteer their time to share their experiences with younger elementary/middle school students to hopefully encourage increased participation in science and engineering areas. We also aim to educate our own members on the various opportunities available at the University of Minnesota.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Students can become active by attending one of our bi-monthly meetings and/or completing our interest form either on paper or online. Additionally they can email us at CSEamb@umn.edu. All necessary contact information can be easily found on our website: www.tc.umn.edu/~cseamb/
- Dorothy Cheng
- Ben Koch
- Miranda Heinonen
- Rachel Troutman
- Courtney Thoel
- Andrew Swanson
- Amanda Dahl