#2686: Women's Dental Association at the University of Minnesota
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- July 23, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
About this Group
- Group Description
- The University of Minnesota Women's Dental Association is here to: - To serve, empower, and uplift the women in our community - To educate ourselves and others about social/cultural issues that affect women - To focus on awareness, gaining insight, promoting compassion, and enhancing ones personal growth as a health professional and ultimately as a human being
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- Guest speakers to increase cultural competency and provide information about women's issues. Provide community service to women in the twin cities region and promote oral health.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Dental students (both male and female members) will benefit from this group by expanding their knowledge base about women issues which in turn will make them better dentists within the community. This will have a positive effect on the University community as well.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- We will be focusing on educating our members about oral health and its close relationship to lifestyle and social issues (for example, domestic abuse and reconstructive dental work as a result). We believe that wellness is a broad term that includes the right for women to feel safe and educated about oral health so that they can pass that knowledge onto their families.
- How to get involved with this group:
- We will have a membership form for all dental students, dental therapy, and dental hygiene who are interested in joining. All members will be apart of an emailing list that will be notified of upcoming events.
Room 15-106 MoosT 515 Delaware St S E Minneapolis, MN 55455