#266: Women's Student Activist Collective
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- June 4, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Cultural and Diversity,Political and Social Action
About this Group
- Group Description
- The purpose of the Womenâ€™s Student Activist Collective is to empower women, transgender, and gender non-conforming people to make positive changes in society by eliminating interrelated inequalities that produce oppression, with a focus on gender and sexuality.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- WSAC hosts various events to further social justice and feminism in our campus community. Types of events we host include discussions, panel and speaker events, concerts, art shows, film screenings, craft nights, open houses and community dinners. We also strive to create a safe space for women, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals in our office. We are open to all genders.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Our group is one of only a few student organizations that focuses programming on gender and sexuality issues, bringing attention to causes, movements, and current events that affect women, transgender, and gender non-conforming individuals. We are also active participants in the wider community social justice movements, making our group ideal for students who wish to make change here on campus and also create partnerships with community groups. We strive to create a University community that is safe and welcoming for all people regardless of gender or sexuality.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- The Women's Student Activist Collective not only works towards gender equality, but we also recognize that all forms of oppression are intersecting. We work towards social justice in all arenas, which qualifies us as a "cultural and diversity" student group. Diversity is important to a healthy campus, and should be more than tolerated.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Feel free to stop in our office, CMU 215, during our office hours (10am-6pm). We are a collective structure, there is no need to apply to join, just show up to meetings. Meeting times for the Spring 2014 semester will be announced soon. To get involved, email email@example.com to request information and be added to our listserv.
300 Washington Ave. SE. Coffman Memorial Union, Ste. 126 Minneapolis, MN 55455