#2485: FAB: Fashion & Business
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- August 20, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Publication and Communications,Special Events,Special Interest and Hobby
About this Group
- Group Description
- FAB: Fashion & Business is a pre-professional student organization linking students of all majors with a casual or professional interest in fashion to professionals and opportunities within the industry. With a strong emphasis on partnerships with national and international companies and student university groups, FAB seeks to develop presentations and events that showcase the diversity and applications of fashion from a wide variety of perspectives. The group coordinates an annual fall career exhibition and annual spring fashion show, as well as operates a designer platform to showcase University designers. TWIN Magazine is the official fashion publication of FAB: Fashion & Business and the University of Minnesota's first seasonal, student run, online fashion magazine. Founded: Spring 2010 FAB Store: An online boutique featuring University of Minnesota student-designed apparel, as well as FAB merchandise. Opening: April 2011. FAB Magazine: A monthly fashion publication that aims to expand and inspire the generation by both pushing and vanishing boundaries while continuously developing a team of fashion-infatuated individuals to collaborate in the creation and promotion of a classy, candid, and campus-wide online magazine. High expectations are upheld in both the content and creation of each issue. Debut Date: February 2011 Vision: Provide an outlet for students of all majors to get together on the common grounds of a desire to work in the fashion industry. Mission: To connect students at The University of Minnesota-Twin Cities campus to professionals in the fashion industry.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- Hosting events that link students to fashion and business professionals and the related community, including member meetings with industry professional, an annual fall career exhibition, an annual spring fashion show, a designer platform to showcase University designers, and the publication of a seasonal online fashion magazine, TWIN.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- FAB facilitates a process in which students can seamlessly blend their passion for fashion with their career interests. Our career exhibition is a direct link for students to networking and employment. Positions on the executive board push for raised expectations in student professionalism, as well as provide invaluable experience in everything from public relations and marketing, to graphic design and web management, to event planning and photography. We welcome students of ALL majors and with any level of interest in fashion! Our eager approach for varying perspectives on fashion brings unique aesthetic trends and zeitgeist and culture awareness to campus.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- We are a professional organization with expectations that aim to provide students with any interest in fashion to appropriate industry insiders, career opportunities, special events, and enrichment activities. Students with special interests in fashion, fashion publications, fashion events, photography and design, public relations, marketing, and modeling will find FAB a great fit for their passions. FAB: Fashion & Business publishes a seasonal fashion magazine, TWIN Magazine, which boasts over 3000 readers per issue. Special events produced by FAB include a fashion career exhibition, spring fashion show benefit (most recently with over 700 guests raising over $12,000), magazine launch party, costume gala, student partnership events, and professional panels.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Please check out our website and email us with any questions. We are a rapidly expanding organization and are always looking for more talented and passionate members. FAB website: www.fabmn.com Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=327554289871&ref=search Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/fabminnesota LinkedIn group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3673382&mostPopular
Rookie Registered Student Organization (RSO)