#2478: Veterinary Medicine Student Council
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- October 14, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Campus Life Program
- Academic and Educational
- College of Veterinary Medicine
About this Group
- Group Description
- This organization shall exist for the following purposes: â€¢ Serve as a liaison between the College of Veterinary Medicine Academic Affairs and the College of Veterinary Medicine students. â€¢ To provide a forum for both academic & extra-curricular student concerns. â€¢ To organize philanthropic events for worthwhile veterinary medical student associations. â€¢ To provide social activities and events for the students of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- The principal activities include interfacing with the faculty staff and administration of the college and serving as the forum for student concerns and ideas. The council acts as the representatives for the College of Veterinary Medicine DVM student body to GAPSA, AHC, the St. Paul Board of Colleges, the rest of the University and to the public at large. Other activities include planning leadership development programs, lectures and social activities for the CVM students. Some highlights that the council is involved with include the CVM Snowball and the CVM / SOD Student Leadership Conference.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- The activities of the council allow CVM students a chance to be a contributing part of the University community; this is something that can be challenging giving our demanding schedule and somewhat secluded location. It also contributes to the development of leadership skills, promotes involvement and provides a forum for the essential dialogue between faculty, staff, administration and students to address issues of concern, to promote transparency and to facilitate the free exchange of ideas, all in a professional environment. Finally, the councils activities enhance the university community by supporting the goals of the DVM program- the production of competent, compassionate veterinarians.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- The Veterinary Medicine Student Council fulfills the graduate/professional category by being the representative body for all students enrolled in the DVM professional degree program. We fulfill the category of governing body and departmental boards by being the elected student government of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Any DVM student is already represented by the Council and is welcome to attend meetings or to ask that something be addressed by members of the council either formally or informally. Meetings are held every other Tuesday and location can be confirmed through the AHC departmental schedule viewer. For more information contact any of the officers or the CVM Office of Academic and Student Affairs
Office of Academic and Student Affairs 108 Ben Pomeroy Student and Alumni Learning Center 1964 Fitch Ave. St Paul MN, 55108