#243: Black Student Union
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- June 30, 2014
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2015
- Registered Student Organization
- Cultural and Diversity
About this Group
- Group Description
- The Black Student Union serves as a social, intellectual, & cultural community for students of the University through awareness, education & action.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- We provide a place for students on campus to relax, socialize, and take a break from classes. We are involved with greater Twin-Cities community political issues facing minorities and students on campus. The Black Student Union carries out annual events such as Unity Dinner, Political Awareness Events, Black History Events, Ebony Ball and many more.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- The Black Student Union ensures that students not only have a safe haven to go to but also provides academic support for the students. We also keep the campus community connected to the off campus community because it easy for students to lose track of what is happening off campus.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- The Black Student Union fits the category of cultural and diversity because we promote and celebrate African American and African Culture. We act as an umbrella organization making an attempt to provide synergy for all cultural groups on the University of Minnesota campus.
- How to get involved with this group:
- The Black Student Union is an inclusive organization; everyone is welcome to become a member in our organization. The only requirement for membership is being added to our listserv; to be added, please send your name and x500 (email) to email@example.com. Also, if you have any opportunities to provide our membership or interests in collaboration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jenessa White
- Jonah Belfiori-Carey
- Javaris Bradford
- Lanice Sims
- Rhema Dapaah
- Cheniqua Johnson
- Sydnie Beecham