#2295: Circle of Giving (COG)
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- September 24, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Cultural and Diversity,Health and Wellness,Service
About this Group
- Group Description
- One Person Can Change the World. Be The Change. Our group is dedicated to empowering students interested in becoming change agents both locally and internationally by offering opportunities to engage in group volunteer projects, fundraising activities for a scholarship fund, workshops for leadership development, and developing individualized service projects. In particular, our group is focused on serving underserved communities and addressing health disparities. Together, these activities will enable students to develop their leadership skills and increase awareness of health issues while making a difference in the community. Just like cogs in a machine that transmit force from one part to another, the aim of COG is to equip students with the skills to make a difference in the community and pass that spirit of service onto others to continue a circle of giving.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- Our groupâ€™s principle activities will be health focused group volunteer projects, workshops for leadership development, fundraising for a scholarship fund, serving as mentors for local youth, and helping members develop service projects based on their interests, such as health disparities in minority groups.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Our activities will help students from the University of Minnesota connect with each other, resources, and the community to help them become leaders creating positive change.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- With the focus on health disparities affecting minority populations, our group fits into both the Cultural and Diversity and Health and Wellness categories. Furthermore our groupâ€™s goal of helping members develop service projects and engage in volunteer activities coincides with the Service category.
- How to get involved with this group:
- Those interested in becoming involved can contact email@example.com.
Rookie Registered Student Organization (RSO)
Outstanding Co-Sponsored Program / Event
852 18th Avenue SE Minneapolis, MN 55414