#2164: Women In Medicine
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- June 13, 2013
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2014
- Registered Student Organization
- Academic and Educational,Health and Wellness,Service
About this Group
- Group Description
- Women in Medicine is composed of University of Minnesota Medical Students as well as physician/faculty advisors and mentors.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- WIM is primarily involved in organizing networking and social events for female medical students and female physicians. WIM also sponsors lunch lectures to educate medical students on a spectrum of women's health issues.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Women in Medicine is a coalition of medical students and physicians that together work to educate the University on women's health issues and women's health disparities.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- A primary focus of WIM is to educate and advocate on the behalf of female medical students, physicians, and patients. As a group WIM dedicates time to give back to the community through volunteer and service work both within and outside the field of health care.
- How to get involved with this group:
- To be involved in WIM please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ashley Phimister
- Jenna Van Beck
- Alison Teo
- Elizabeth Geisendorfer-Lindgren
- Charlotte Rogers
- Sara Schroeder
- Rebecca McDougle