#178: Society of Women Engineers
- Currently Registered
- Last Registered
- May 12, 2014
- Registration Expiration Date
- September 30, 2015
- Registered Student Organization
- Academic and Educational
About this Group
- Group Description
- The primary focus of the Society of Women Engineers is to support and encourage women in science and engineering fields. SWE provides support, leadership opporutnities, outreach experiences, community involvement, teamwork skills, and personal/professional development for females in science and engineering.
- Group's principal activities, events, or programs:
- SWE is a very active student group with a variety of educational, networking, athletic, social, and outreach events throughout the school year. These include general meetings, a Career Fair, high school outreach events, a mentorship program, and networking dinners with professors and industry professionals.
- How this group's activities benefit the University community:
- Our activities stimulate women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expand the image of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrate the value of diversity.
- How this group fits into its categories:
- We provide an organization that fosters mentoring and the development of professional and personal networks.
- How to get involved with this group:
- The time and location of each SWE event is listed on our website's upcoming events page. Registration for National SWE is available online at http://www.swe.org.
Outstanding Co-Sponsored Program / Event